Eligibility: Savings Bank Accounts are meant for individuals, salaried class of people, professionals, clubs, charitable, religious, educational and such other institutions which do not conduct business of commercial nature.
Who can open?
- a) An individual who is more than 18 years of age and capable of entering into a contract can open an account.
- b) SB account of minor of any age can be opened through his/her natural or legally appointed guardian.
- c) Minors above the age of 10 years may be allowed to open and operate savings bank accounts independently, if they so desire.
- d) Power of Attorney Holder, Joint depositors, HUF, Illiterates, Blind, Pensioners.
- e) Lunatics represented by guardian appointed by Court of law.
- f) Legal Entities, Statutory Bodies, Government Departments those authorized under Statutory Powers.
Interest will be credited to the SB account on quarterly intervals at the end of June, Sept, Dec & March every year calculated on daily product basis.
ATM Card, SMS facility, Mobile App, e-passbook & e-commerce facilities are available to all eligible customers.