Unified Payments Interface(UPI)
What is UPI?
It is a platform where customer can fetch and place all his accounts maintained with different banks and transact through these accounts
UPI allows you to transfer money between any two parties via smart phone through a payment identifier like virtual address and Account number + IFSC.
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). BHIM is made in India and dedicated to the service of the nation.
How to Register for KVGB UPI
• Step 1: Download the BHIM UPI app on your smartphone from Google store
• Step 2: After the downloading process is complete, launch the app. Choose the ‘Click Me’ option and verify your registered mobile number. For the verification process, an SMS will be sent from the registered mobile number.
• Step 3: Under the ‘GPS Settings’, click on ‘Settings’ to enable the same
• Step 4: To complete the verification process, click the ‘OK’ option under ‘Info’. Also, choose the registered sim. Post the mobile number verification process, proceed to carry out the registration process
• Step 5: Enter all relevant details such as name, email, date of birth and choose a VPA. Set up a 4-digit password
• Step 6: The registration will be confirmed once these details are submitted.
How to Transfer Money Using BHIM App
• Step 1: The first step is to launch the BHIM app on the Android smartphone. Then proceed to enter the 4-digit pin and login to the account.
• Step 2: Tap the ‘Pay’ button and select the KVGB account from which money has to be transferred
• Step 3: Choose the appropriate VPA of the recipient/payee. Make any remarks, if necessary
• Step 4: Enter the amount to be transferred and click ‘Pay’
• Step 5: Key in the 6 digit m-PIN and hit the ‘Submit’ button
How to Collect/Receive Money Using BHIM App
• Step 1: Launch the BHIM app on your smartphone and login by entering the 4-digit pin
• Step 2: Then proceed to tap on the ‘Send’ or ‘Request’ button
• Step 3: Choose the VPA of the payer
• Step 4: In case there are any remarks to be made, feel free to do so
• Step 5: Tap the ‘Initiate Request’ button. A confirmation will be sent.
• Step 6: Once an approval has been made by the person who is paying the money, the funds will be sent
Benefits of KVGB UPI
• Money can be transferred without IFSC Codes.
• Speedy transfer and no waiting time
• BHIM app allows the user to check and ‘view balance’ of all registered kvgb accounts.
• Limit of Rs 25000/- per day transaction
Timings of UPI
All UPI transactions can be made at any time and there are no specific timings for this service.
Charges for UPI
Please note that as of now there will be no charges for carrying out transactions using this app.
Raise a complaint for unsuccessful transactions by visiting your Home branch